Monday 1 February 2016

Creating Volume with Hair : Blow-drying

There are two different ways to blow-dry the hair; a voluminous, curly blow-dry and a sleek, straight blow-dry.


To prep the freshly-washed hair, I combed through the hair with a Tangle Teezer to ensure there were no knots. I then added some heat protectant to protect the hair from heat, as my model requested a straight blow dry. I then added some sea salt spray to add more texture to avoid a very sleek look.




straight blow-dry
Firstly, I sectioned the hair at the crown of the head, coming into a point at the back of the head to guide the direction of the blow-dry. I then took the bottom section and just blow dried it straight down with my Denman brush. After I completed all of the lower section, I then moved on to the crown of the head. I followed the direction of the parting, however, for the very back of the crown, I took a wide section to blow-dry it backwards to give a bit of a lift. Lastly, for the front of the hair, I took a round brush and blow-dried the hair backwards, away from the face to frame the face.

curly (more voluminous) blow-dry
I sectioned the hair the exact same way by splitting it just below the crown of the head. I worked from the bottom of the head to the top, this time using a big, round ceramic brush to create volume at the root. To obtain a natural curl/wave to the hair, I wrapped the hair around the brush after I had made sure it was dry. I then blasted it with heat and this held the wave. To make the wave/curl last longer I could have pinned the hair to let it cool and set, however, my model requested a more messy, wave. I was pleased with the outcome of the hair and I think I achieved a voluminous blow-dry.



No comments:

Post a Comment