Monday 15 February 2016

Looking at Brands : Ellis Faas

I have decided to look into a couple of brands that I am considering focusing on for this project. I am struggling on deciding on a final brand so I thought that research would help me make a decision.

Ellis Faas was born and raised in the Netherlands. She has always had an eye for fashion from an early age. She left school focusing on photography but while she was pursuing her career in photography, she used herself as a model and created different looks by transforming herself with make-up. Through this she found her passion for make-up and the rest is history.

Faas' work consists of very creative, art-like looks that show off her skill as an artist and her amazing ability to create different looks. Her work is quite unusual which also comes across in her products as they are very different in terms of packaging, consistency of the actual makeup and the way she advertises the products.

"THE ONLY RED IS ELLIS RED"
The signature colour of Ellis Faas is red. It is based on the concept of blood, as she says that it is in all of us, so therefore does not clash with anyone's skin tone. She has three lip textures; creamy lips which is more of a traditional lipstick consistency, milky lips which is a lighter texture and glazed lips which is a high-pigment, lightweight lipgloss.

This concept of Ellis Red is very unusual for a makeup brand as many would not feel that relating makeup to blood as 'normal'. I really like how she has thought out of the box and that she pushes the boundaries of a typical makeup brand.

I am considering this brand because I feel that it is very different which will give me room to explore and be as creative as I wish to be.




References:
Ellis Faas. 2007. Ellis Faas Cosmetics B.V. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.ellisfaas.com/collection. [Accessed 15 February 2016].

No comments:

Post a Comment