Tuesday 16 February 2016

Decorating Hair

In order to decorate a hairdo, we started by creating a basic up-do called a chignon. This was achieved by leaving hair at the front of the head sectioned from ear to ear. Then I pulled back the rest of the hair to the back of the head to create a low ponytail. I then backcombed the upside of the ponytail and wrapped it around my fingers, towards the head from underneath. I secured the chignon with hair pins.


To finish off the hairstyle, I split the front section in half by creating a middle parting. I then twisted this backwards to pin on top of the chignon to finish off the up-do.
To decorate this hairstyle, I used a necklace to sit on top of the twisted hair. I think that this really compliments the hairstyle giving a bridal feel to the up-do.


The second up-do I created was achieved by creating two ponytails at the back of the head, one above another. I still left a section at the front of the head, however, I made this smaller as I created a small quiff by pulling it back into the rest of the hair. I also left sections at either side of the ponytails, to pull back and pin to the head to cover the sectioning. The rest of the up-do was created by curling bits of the ponytails and pinning them to the head, creating this flattering, intricate up-do down the head. This hairstyle looks very detailed and difficult to achieve, however, it was very easy to do and is all trial and error with the placing of the curls.



I added the same necklace that I used previously and experimented with positioning it on the hairstyle.
Firstly, I pinned the necklace into the back of the quiff which made the necklace fall on to her forehead. I really think this compliments the hairstyle and gives an exotic feel to the up-do. This is also very bridal and I could see this hairstyle on a lot of brides.


I then tried to add the necklace to the back of the hairstyle but I feel that there is already so much going on at the back, it didn't compliment it as well as the previous positioning. I think that different accessories would work well at the back, such as small, individual pins or clips placed in-between the curls.


Decorating the hair is all very trial and error. I feel that with the right accessories, a plain,simple hairstyle can be transformed into something creative and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment