Tuesday 16 February 2016

YVES SAINT LAURENT

I have decided to choose Yves Saint Laurent as my beauty brand.


I feel that YSL is everything that I want in a brand as the spring/summer 2016 makeup collection is very different with the coloured mascaras and I feel that, that this gives me room to experiment.
However, the editorial and catwalk makeup is very minimal and focuses on the fashion side which I can experiment with as well and as fashion is something I want to consider, I think that this would give the opportunity to show off my eye for fashion.
I feel that I will be able to draw inspiration from previous catwalk looks, makeup wise, and create something relevant and in-trend to this year's spring/summer trends.

Choosing this brand gives me a lot of options to choose from in terms of creativity. But the brand also has a 'signature' look which will give me some direction and won't be as challenging as choosing a brand which is more open and unexpected.

I am keen to start grouping my ideas together and to experiment with makeup to create some looks. I am looking forward to shooting my images and watching this unit come together as I create my final shots in the studio.

Image:

Mehnaz Khan, (2013), Yves-Saint-Laurent-Logo [ONLINE]. Available at: http://www.mehnazkhan.com/in-my-kit/yves-saint-laurent-logo/ [Accessed 16 February 2016].

No comments:

Post a Comment