Monday 15 February 2016

Looking at Brands : Yves Saint Laurent

catwalk

I decided to look at a makeup brand that is considered more high-end. I wanted to see their interpretation of trends and their type of advertising comparing to other brands. I chose to look at Yves Saint Laurent because their products are considered more luxurious, for example, the packaging is more luxurious as they use gold as the main colour.

I really like the spring/summer collection as it contains all the pastel colours that relate to spring and the packaging of the products really stand out. I am really inspired by the coloured mascara and I feel that I could create something really beautiful incorporating the mascara.

I am also attracted to the editorial work produced by Saint Laurent as it is completely different to the advertising work as it is mainly black and white with a more edgy, minimal look that is very current. I feel that I am into that type of look and I think that I could really play with the black and white.

The catwalk looks are also very minimal but I think that I could combine the beauty trends with the products of spring/summer 2016 and use inspiration from old catwalk looks to create a new look that could be used on s/s 2016 catwalk.


advertising

editorial


References:
Indigital, (2015), Saint Laurent SS16 [ONLINE]. Available at: http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spring-summer-2016/ready-to-wear/saint-laurent/close-up-photos/gallery/1498938 [Accessed 15 February 2016].
Unknown, (2015), YSL Spring 2016 Boho Stone Visuals [ONLINE]. Available at: http://chicprofile.com/ysl-spring-2016-boho-stone-visuals [Accessed 15 February 2016].
Craig McDean, (2015), Printemps/Spring Look 2016 [ONLINE]. Available at: http://www.yslbeautyus.com/collections/spring-look-2016 [Accessed 15 February 2016].

Hedi Slimane, (2015), Saint Laurent S/S 2016 [ONLINE]. Available at: http://www.photos-demode.com/blog/2015/12/29/signe-lund-steffi-soede-for-saint-laurent-springsummer-2016-ad-campaign [Accessed 15 February 2016].

No comments:

Post a Comment