Sunday 24 April 2016

Finger Waves : Masterclass

There are four different ways to create a finger wave. I ended up trying two different methods.
I found creating finger waves quite difficult as I couldn't get the hang of moving the hair but I managed to get some sort of wave in the head.


To create this look I drenched the hair in water with gel. I then used one finger to hold the hair in place and then I pinched a bit of hair and pulled it to one side. This, in theory, should create a deep wave in the hair. I then repeated it to create a second finger wave. I found this method quite difficult.


To create this almost 40s hairstyle, I used a curling tong. I curled three sections of hair downwards and set them to cool. I then brushed them out and the hair naturally wants to create a wave shape. This look is more subtle with curled hair at the bottom.

The other two methods are using the same wet method but just using one finger to manipulate the hair. This gives a flat finger wave.
The other method uses a curling tong as well, however, you just clamp the hair in the tong to create a wave shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment